Red Label Insulation Liner (4mm)
Insulation Liner is 4mm thick polystyrene liner providing quick and easy heatsaving wall insulation.
4mm Polystyrene insulation.
- For quick and easy heatsaving of inside walls.
- Resists damp and mould formation on problem walls.
- CFC free.
- Use a solvent free ready mixed ready mixed adhesive suitable for application of polystyrene wallcoverings.
- Covers damaged walls and surfaces
- Can be overhung with a decorative wallcovering or lining paper before painting to achieve a tough surface and smoother finish.
Applying Red Label Insulation Liner (4mm)
- Ensure that base surfaces are clean, dry, firm and free from any loose or flaking material.
- Apply the adhesive generously to the wall using a roller. As a guide we recommend 2.5Kg of paste per roll, more if the base surface is uneven or textured, where it is especially important to apply a thick bed of adhesive. Cover an area sufficient to apply one length of Insulation Liner (4mm) at a time ensuring the pasted area exceeds the width of the Insulation Liner (4mm).
Use a brush or spatula to apply adhesive to areas the roller cannot reach.
- Apply Insulation Liner (4mm) directly from the roll onto the wet adhesive and slide into place. Smooth out any bubbles with a roller or similar. Leave a small amount of surplus material for trimming where necessary.
- Cut off any excess material at the ceiling, floors and corners using a trimming knife in combination with a forming board. On external corners the exposed edge of the material can be filled and sanded with flexible filler to give a neat finish -
- Allow 48 hours for drying, longer if conditions are especially humid or cold. We also recommend that all wallcoverings are allowed to dry naturally and therefore recommend that heating is turned off whilst the wallcovering adhesive dries out, unless ambient temperatures are likely to drop below 10°C/50°F.
- Any small gaps at seams and corners can be filled with flexible filler prior to applying a lining paper to then paint directly with standard emulsion paint or overhanging with decorative wallpaper.
NB: For consistent results we recommend using Paste The Wall products over Insulation Liner (4mm).