Red Label Heatsaver wall underliner (2mm)
Heatsaver is an economical 2mm thick polystyrene liner containing fire retardants that provide basic insulation as well as combating condensation problems and subsequent mould growth for a healthier home.
This product is suitable as a localised ‘problem solver’ for cold external walls and is not recommended for use in fire escape routes inside your home unless the surface is further treated with a fire retardant covering. This product is class E fire rated and should not be used for projects such as new builds and extensions where Building regulations are applicable.
Applying Red Label Heatsaver Wall Underliner
- Ensure that base surfaces are clean, dry, firm and free from any loose or flaking material.
- Apply the adhesive generously to the wall using a roller. As a guide we recommend 1.25Kg of paste per roll, more if the base surface is uneven or textured, where it is especially important to apply a thick bed of adhesive. Cover an area sufficient to apply one length of Heatsaver Wall Underliner at a time ensuring the pasted area exceeds the width of the Heatsaver. Use a brush or spatula to apply adhesive to areas the roller cannot reach.
- Apply Heatsaver directly from the roll onto the wet adhesive. Smooth out any bubbles with a roller or similar. Leave a small amount of surplus material for trimming where necessary.
- Cut off any excess material at the ceiling, floors and corners using a trimming knife in combination with a forming board. On external corners the exposed edge of the material can be filled and sanded with flexible filler to give a neat finish.
- Allow 48 hours for drying, longer if conditions are especially humid or cold. We also recommend that all wallcoverings are allowed to dry naturally and therefore recommend that heating is turned off whilst the wallcovering adhesive dries out, unless ambient temperatures are likely to drop below 10°C/50°F.
- Any small gaps at seams and corners can be filled with flexible filler prior to applying a suitable Lining Paper.
- We recommend that the Heatsaver is lined before painting or covered with a decorative wallpaper.